Changes to the latest 5th edition draft:
- The addition of a new attribute, Agility, I have used this as an attribute in some of my other games and it balances well with the other four.
- The removal of the Agility skill and the addition of Defence and Mobility, which have a consequence for Combat and Saving Throws respectively.
- The categorisation of weapons into light, medium and heavy to bring weapon modifiers to the simplified combat rules.
- The addition of the Ranger profession and allowing Humans, Elves and Half-Orcs to take it.
- The addition of the Hardman and Tracking professional abilities to the Barbarian and Ranger professions respectively.
- The introduction of the choice of spending destiny points or hard-won ducats to pay for training.
- Modified the Dodge spell to give a Defence skill bonus.
- Gone to town on the combat rules to make them more straightforward. Players now make an attack skill roll, modified by their weapon and, if they are successful, their opponent makes a defence skill roll, modified by their armour. So the rules on calculating damage and deducting the armour value from it are history – too bloody complicated to be honest.
- The addition of rules for simple saving throws against non-combat damage.
So, good people, what do you think? If you like it I shall have to work my way through all the supplements and modify them accordingly.