An example WYSIWYG character.
I have chosen an excellent little Underworld Miniatures Gnome Illusionist figure.
Following the rules I must now write down his equipment:
- Adventurer’s clothing with good boots, hat and cloak,
- A belt and cross-belt covered in pouches, and
- A short sword.
Now I choose six abilities for him:
- The Gnome racial ability, giving him Dextrous and Woodland Lore.
- The Wizard professional ability, giving him Arcane Magic and +3 to task checks to cast arcane spells.
- Weapon training with his Short Sword.
- Lore, Arcane.
As he has the Arcane Magic ability I get to choose three spells:
- Fire Bolt,
- Levitate, and
- Circle of Light (which he usually casts on a large rock crystal he carries).
I also have 25 coins to spend, so I buy a Healing Potion, two scroll cases and a waterskin.
I think that I shall call him ‘Mystic Max’.
The whole process took less than five minutes and produced an interesting and useful character.